Wednesday 5 January 2011

More to life than work

I've decided to  make no mention of work or work-related matters on this  blog. It's more important to think about  what you do with  your leisure time. At the moment, I am desperately trying to improve my musical skills.  Having managed to  grasp the basics of   guitar and piano, I am  struggling to  move on with either.  There are lots of online lessons for  guitarists but there does not seem much for  the piano.

I am really excited about going to see Parsifal at the EN0 and I've begun reading Ernest Newman's masterly study of the  Wagner's   operas  'Wagner Nights' Also worth reading is  Michael Tanner's  study  entitled simply 'Wagner'-  what else!

I spent a lot of time at university in the  pub rather than the lecture hall! I'm starting to put that right now by studying some of  the writers that I missed!  First up is  Dante. I've just finished reading the  'Inferno' and   I am currently listening to  Yale University  lectures on  each canto.

No comments:

Post a Comment